An implementation programme specifies the compartments requiring work (maintenance and regeneration) in the current year and two out-years. The activities required over a number of years, for each compartment, will be captured in a Project Plan and the activities in each year will be detailed in an Annual Work Plan that captures all work across Project Plans that are active in a year.
- An evaluation will be made of each compartment, sometimes before harvest, but usually after, to characterise the exotic plantation forest and develop preferred regeneration methods.
- Project Plans will be developed for each compartment before, or within two years of harvest, and specify all activities required over a number of years to meet the full range of Goals and Objectives contained in the Strategy and Implementation Plan. The plan will specify when and where regeneration options will be applied, define logistical considerations and constraints, develop costings and match these to funding options. The activities in a Project Plan must also include long- and short-term measures of performance and potential remedial activities.
- An Annual Work Plan will be developed by the end of October each year, for the subsequent calendar year and specify all of the activities required to meet the full range of Goals and Objectives contained in the Strategy and Implementation Plan. The Annual Work Plan also specifies performance measures for activities as well as remedial activities for past work. The Annual Work Plan and budget is broken down by Projects active in that year.
Implementation programme 2014-2018
- Develop Project Plans for Compartment 111 (Project Plan 1) and Compartment 130 (Project Plan 2).
- Following harvest, evaluate Compartments 81, 82, 83, and 112, and develop specific regeneration options.
- Establish a tōtara-dominated stand within Compartment 113, a high profile site adjacent to the entrance to Whirinaki Forest and Minginui Village.
- Revegetate Compartment 130, either with groups of podocarps or mixed indigenous species.
- As above, for another compartment, or suite of compartments.